Responsible for maintaining and programming robots throughout the facility, ensuring they are capable and available to meet production requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain robot programs and equipment.
- Improve current robot utilization and uptime.
- Contribute to the design of new part fixturing for use on the robots.
- Fill the role of plant robot expert.
- Assist in the recommendation and installation of new or existing production equipment.
- Maintain Engineering files and control of drawings for assigned projects.
- Assist in the reduction of scrap, cost and increases in productivity.
- Work with the Process Improvement group in conducting continuous improvement events, projects, or other follow up tasks.
- Prepare reports and updates as required.
- Assist in ensuring all safe work practices are put into place, are enforced, and adhered to by all plant personnel and visitors.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships across the organization (team player).
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and other expectations set forth by the Engineering Manager and/or COO.
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with U.S. laws.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years working with Fanuc robots.
- Evidence of programming knowledge and practice.
- Technical degree in a manufacturing or technology field preferred
- Ability to read and interpret part prints.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing tools preferred.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve problems working across multiple departments.
- High competency level in MS Office applications
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
Work is performed in an office and shop floor environment, and near other workers. Incumbent shall be exposed to those conditions normally encountered in a business office environment and is occasionally subject to outdoor settings with exposure to diverse weather conditions such as wind, heat, cold, and rain. Physical demands are moderate, consisting primarily of sitting, standing, walking, lifting, and carrying moderately heavy boxes up to 50 pounds and/or utilizing a hand dolly. Incumbent must be able to see and hear in the normal range, with or without correction, and communicate verbally and in written form with great facility and must be able to be understood. Incumbent must have the stamina to work long hours and overtime, if assigned, and must be willing to work an irregular schedule, which may include weekends, holidays, evenings, and/or varying shifts.
Minimal domestic travel is expected for this position.
This is a full – time position, typically working Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.